Yep, I’m back on my #workout routine; 4-6 days of 40-60 minute workouts per day! I know awesome right? My love & fellow Howard University Alumna, Essence Magazine Beauty Expert Nicole Melton said it best, when it comes to my hair or my health, health is definitely more important, and I couldn’t agree more! Still, I will NOT be the one looking dull on the treadmill! Ever see a hot guy at the gym and then feel embarrassed because of how physically exhausting and down right crazy you look? It’s ok, been there, won’t do that again! Here are 5 ways to look beautiful while #shootinginthegym LOL
1. Skincare is Everything! A daily skincare regimen consisting of a cleanser, toner and moisturizer is ideal for glowing skin. For even better results try a mask, scrub and/or peel weekly. Want to know which products to use? Ask me below in the comments!
2. Liquid skin illuminators are awesome for those who want to look bright and glowing regardless of the scenario. Skin is in, and the best way to look fabulous is to highlight it, not cover it up. Plus, when you sweat you don’t want your makeup to run away with you!
3. Waterproof mascara: The eyes are the gatekeepers of the soul, tip em’ why don’t you! Waterproof mascara is the perfect way to brighten up the eye area especially during an exhilarating workout.
4. Moisturized lips are happy lips! As the seasons change, so does your skin. Many women neglect the need to use lip conditioner, sometimes lip scrub, and moisturizer and instead only apply lipstick. Matte lipsticks without moisturizing nutrients are drying and will leave your lips with blisters and occasional flakiness. NO BUENO! Just like skincare, follow the correct steps to keep your lips healthy and moist. For a pop of color while working out, try a lip stain or tinted lip balm.
5. Tame those brows! Well groomed brows are always a good practice. For those with sensitive skin, I recommend threading. Threading is an ancient Indian hair removal principle which practically works magic, especially for those who may have lost their eyebrow shape somehow. I recommend using Waterproof brow paste for those who are in the re-growth phase of their brow journey; to maintain the look of a full, healthy brow. For those with existing full brows, I recommend combing through them with brow gel to keep them looking neat and beautiful.